Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 12:53:09 PDT
From:      "Shameek Basu" <shameek_basu@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using the NT Boot Manager with FreeBSD

Hi,
       I have NT loaded on IDE disk1, Linux loaded on IDE disk2 and am
trying to install FreeBSD 4.0 on IDE disk4 (disk3 is the CD-ROM). Currently
I am using NT's boot mgr to boot into NT/Linux, and want to continue to use
it since I have heard that it is sort of sensitive.

       I have seen postings which say that using

dd if=/dev/wd0c of=/mnt/bootsect.bsd bs=512 count=1

       and altering the boot.ini file in the NT partition will allow me to
choose to boot into FreeBSD. I wanted to know if this will continue to work
in FreeBSD 4.0 (the postings were for earlier verions)...

Thanks,
Shameek