Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 01:13:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        jlemon@americantv.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD robustness

> > I was hoping to get another 2 years out of it, barring hardware failures.
> >
> > Oh well.  *sniff*
> >
> > At least it proves the robustness of the operating system, and I guess
> > I'll take advantage of the downtime to load 3.1-RELEASE on it.
>
> And stick a gargantuan UPS on it, so it'll live through the next halon-
> dump test.  Right?  ;^)

You should be able to "hot plug" one of those ISA board UPS units,
and hit the switch on the back.

That should be enough to keep it up 10-15 minutes.

If that's not enough, you should be able to plug it into a real UPS,
since you'll have 10-15 minutes to do the deed.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.