Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 1996 20:41:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   boot problem ?

Hi all!
Earlier today, I installed 2.1.0 on a machine at work via ftp.  I asked
it to install the bootmgr.  It did so, but, selecting 'F2' for BSD does
not work!  It will only boot the DOS partition.  I can boot from the
floppy, then enter the 'wd(0,a)/kernel' and it does boot FreeBSD
from the HD; no problem.  But, to get to the boot prompt I have to
boot from the install floppy, then enter the command.  How do I
reinstall the bootmgr so I won't have to use the floppy?

Paul