Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:38:10 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.su>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        mishania@demos.su, lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk, dg@root.com, hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Things moving around on ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

>>Btw, guys, what's with idea to split distfiles or at last clean out those whi
>>are 'old' ? And, maybe it would be better idea to move packages+distfiles ont
> > that other new disk you have there, rather than moving -RELEASE?
>
> I'm flexible.  What would cause the least chaos, folks?  We have 4GB
> of stuff and 8GB of space - the various slices of pie are different
> sizes.  How do you divvy it up most effectively?

Well, regarding sizes, if I were you I'd make this 2nd 4gb to have packages/
distfiles and releases to stay on another disk. In this case you just have
symbolic links to packages stuff. Almost all proggies, used to mirror, fetch &
ncftp's can easilly deal with such placement. Uhm, that's what I have now here
anyhow, - we're used to use 4gb disks; I never heard users complaining on that
topic.

> This sounds like one of those math problems we get in U.S. elementary
> school. ;-)

Heh, as for me I never went to                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
school ;-)

> 					Jordan

-mishania