Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:06:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@gargoyle.bazzle.com>
To:        Chad Lafara <Chad_Lafara@mmacmail.jccbi.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help

On 31 Dec 1996, Chad Lafara wrote:

>      I am trying to install the SMP Kernel. I have made it to the step
>      where I:
>         #make depend && make && make install
>      then it craps out with an:
>         Error Code 1: opt_smp.h: file not found or no such directory.
>      What have I done wrong? I thought I was so close.
>
>      Chad La Fara

Hello
	Check out: http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html

Download mptable.c compile and execute, if your using an undocumented
mp-mainboard, pass the mptable data to Steve @ smp@csn.net.  mptable
will give you kernel options, mine are for a GigaByte 586DX mp-mainboard.

options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
options         SMP_INVLTLB
options         APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O
options         NCPU=2                  # number of CPUs
options         NBUS=2                  # number of busses
options         NAPIC=1                 # number of IO APICs
options         NINTR=21                # number of INTs

Good Luck,
                                              Eric J. Chet
					       - ejc@naserver1.cb.lucent.com
                                               - ejc@bazzle.com