Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:50:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/48279: Brooktre878 (bktr) may cause freeze

The following reply was made to PR kern/48279; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:44:04 +0200 (MEST)

 Regarding PR 48279. I cought an kernel trap. Usually it just freeze, and that's
 it. I hope this could be helpfull.

 It might be a pci lookup. But the behaviour on my system suggest initialisation
 fault. As I can run fxtv for months without any hickups. The only catch is that
 the very first thing one have to do is to start xfree86, and then fxtv
 immediate after boot.

 Another observation I did recently was that running ffmpeg right after boot
 freeze the machine. But starting xfree86, and then fxtv. After that ffmpeg runs
 without problems.

 /var/log/messages:
   fault virtual address   = 0xcddedbe4
   fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
   instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc02241cb
   stack pointer           = 0x10:0xcddddb30
   frame pointer           = 0x10:0xcddddd60
   code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                           = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
   processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
   current process         = 750 (fxtv)
   interrupt mask          = none
   trap number             = 12
   panic: page fault