Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 15:35:28 GMT
From:      JamesSturdevant <jamess@freenet.msp.mn.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation

I have the FreeBSD 2.2.2 distribution on cd-rom from Walnut Creek.  The
machine I want to install it on does not have a CD but is on a Workgroups
network.

I load the CD in one machine and connect to it using the MSClient for DOS on
a floppy.  I start the install and get through it to the point where it asks
for the source of the distributions.  I chose existing file system and
specified the drive letter e:  (I also tried e:\).  It reports that it can't
find the distributions for doc bin ...

I also set up an FTP server and used the CD as the root.  Again, it reported
that it couldn't find the distributions.

My guess is that there may be a case matching problem in the program as far
as the directories go.  Can you help me with the proper syntax for the
existing file system install?  Thanks,

JamesS