Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:44:35 +0200
From:      Frank Staals <frank@fstaals.net>
To:        David Durham <ddurham@vailsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse 3.1 on freebsd 5.4

David Durham wrote:

> I'm a BSD newb.  Actually, I'm pretty much a *NIX newb.  Anyway, I'm
> trying to setup eclipse 3.1 on freebsd 5.4.  I'm able to setup 3.0.1
> using pkg_add -r eclipse, but I'm not sure about running 3.1M# or
> nightly versions for that matter.  I tried building from source, but
> received compiler errors, which I didn't track down, but could
> investigate further.  I tried running the linux binaries, but I
> received an error:
>
>     error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot
>
> I'm actually hoping there is some kind of installation guide for 3.1
> on FreeBSD or perhaps a port that I can download.  Thanks in advance.
>

> - Dave

Hey,

You could/should just build the newest port in the portstree, so cvsup
it, here quick what you should do if that isn't set up yet:

pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui

make a cvsup file with your favourite text editor, it should look like
this ( choose a mirror which is close to you, for me that is in the
Netherlands ) :

        *default tag=.
        *default host=cvsup2.nl.freebsd.org
        *default prefix=/usr
        *default base=/var/db
        *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress

        ports-all release=cvs

cvsup -L 2 -g /path/to/cvsupfile

after it is finished:

cd /usr/ports/java/eclipse && make install distclean

That's all

good luck

--
-Frank Staals