Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 2015 02:23:12 +0100
From:      Toby Slight <tobyslight@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   X230 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200 not working

Hi there,

I just tried to install FreeBSD 10.2 on my Thinkpad X230 after reading that
it was well supported here - https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops/Thinkpad_X230.

The wifi card (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200) is supported by iwn
according to that page and this page - https://wiki.freebsd.org/dev/iwn(4).

However before and after install ifconfig only shows the ethernet device
and the loopback. I tried adding if_iwn_load="YES" to loader.conf as
suggested by the man page, but the dmesg just came back saying the iwn is
already loaded...

I came across some threads from way back in the 9.1 days (
http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/What-driver-should-I-use-for-intel-centrino-wireless-N-2200-BGN-td5750303.html)
and tried some of the driver loading suggestions there, on the off chance
they might still be applicable, but still no interfaces show up other than
ethernet and loopback.

Is this device supported in 10.2, and if so what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Toby

--
0x2b || !0x2b