Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 18:52:21 +0200
From:      Tor.Egge@fast.no
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x17d

I'm using the 980520 snapshot of CAM for -current.

When using the on-board AIC-7890 controller on a ASUS P2B-DS
I sometimes got some strange boot problems (when performing the
interrupt driven probing of the scsi bus):

	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x17d
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x17d
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x17d
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x17d
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x17d
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x2
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x2
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x2
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x2
	ahc0: brkadrint, (null) at seqaddr = 0x2

Instead of information about the real hard error, (null)
was printed.  The error code read from the ERROR register
was DPARERR (0x10).

As a workaround, I'm using a lower value for the PCI latency timer
(configured in the Mainboard BIOS).

I also had to modify the driver to ignore left over BIOS settings,
since the driver gave unreasonable values for transfer rates when
attempting to use the left over BIOS settings.

- Tor Egge