Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 02:46:51 -0500
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lptcontrol: Device busy

Ok, here's another one...
I'd like to set my printer (parallel) port to "polling" or "extended" mode
using "lptcontrol".  However, issuing the following command:

	lptcontrol -p -d /dev/lpt0

fails with the message: "Device is busy".

"lsof" doesn't show anything open on that device, and I've killed lpd to
see if that may work.  I've even put it in /etc/rc before the lpd is
started.  No luck.

The system is FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE with an Asus P2B motherboard, using the
on-board parallel port.

Thanks.

--
    Michael Maxwell <drwho @ xnet.com>  |  http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
              -- Stop the illegal attacks on Serbia NOW! --