Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:26:22 -0400
From:      John Brann <john@brann.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Obituary Notice

It is with deep regret that I note the failure to POST of gate.brann.org.

This Toshiba Satellite Pro 415CS (Pentium 90MHz, 16Mb memory) had worked
tirelessly as the gateway / firewall / natd machine connecting my home
network to the Internet following its productive career starting in 1996
as a personal laptop machine.

It first took on its gateway role during 2000 and ran 24/7 for six years,
except for reboots to perform upgrades or due to power failures.

The machine's dmesg (from 2004) is recorded at:

http://www.nycbug.org/?NAV=dmesgd;f_dmesg=;f_bsd=;f_nick=brann;f_descr=;dmesgid=1135#1135

The role of gateway has been taken on by another Toshiba laptop, purchased
in 2000 partly with credits from the Toshiba floppy-driver settlement.

John.