Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:53:44 -0500
From:      "Chris Neam" <cneam@d-a-s.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: PS/2 mouse problem solved

I could be wrong here but most of the new motherboards being released (all
of the new via chipsets after the mvp series as well as the intel i8x0
series) support hot-swap of ps/2 as long as the computer is booted with it.
They are supposed to give an audible beep when the user reinserts the
connection to the device so you know it is properly connected.