Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:11:29 -0500
From:      John LeMay <jlemay@njmc.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with compiling ports

Hi, list newbie here (freebsd newbie as well, but one with several years
experience with Linux, Solaris, and some AIX). Just wondering what the
process is for reporting an issue when compiling something in the ports
tree.

I recently setup 5.2-release on an Ultra-5 (and I had that awful local
terminal issue as well, but got through it). The other night I started
compiling ntop from the ports tree. Since this is a gen-1 machine
(270MHz), this took overnight. When I came back in the am there were a
few errors and the result was no ntop. It seems compiling one of the
dependencies failed.

Should I report stuff like this here? If so, I'll rerun the make so I
can capture the error and post it here.

--
John LeMay
kc2kth