Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 1995 20:34:46 +0000
From:      Alan Judge <amjudge@dsg.cs.tcd.ie>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Minor problems installing 2.0-950210-SNAP

Install on Gateway 4DX2-66 machines...

When I boot I get a message that says:
	BIOS Basemem (640K) != RTC basemem (639K)
I haven't seen this before, but the machines appear to boot up anyway.
Is this a sign of some problem?

Sometimes I get problems when doing fdisk or disklabel during the
install process and the machine hangs.  I'm not sure why, but I do
know that any machine that was previously running OSF/1 needs a
standard DOS fdisk label done before you can fdisk from FreeBSD's
install program without a hang.

Also, minor nits with the install:
	- the hostname doesn't get stripped when prompting for the
	  domain name of the machine

	- install thinks that it is ftping into /var/tmp/<pkgname> and
	  tries to delete the files from there.  In fact, it ftped the
	  files into /var/tmp and they don't get deleted at all.
--
Alan