Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 11:50:12 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        me@freebsd.org
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 2.0beta1

Michael Elbel stands accused of saying:
> >It _still_ doesn't handle socks proxy servers.  Major whine. 8(
>
> It doesn't? I haven't tried with 2.0b1, what with the gateway machine
> now residing at another site and me not haveing moved yet, but I *do*
> know that I managed to open a secure http session with with 1.1 through
> a dual-homed FreeBSD machine running the socks server.

Grrr, how?  I have a Windows 1.1N on the same net that sees through the
proxy OK, but neither 1.1 nor 2.0b under FreeBSD do.  8(

> Michael Elbel, PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[