Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:10:45 -0600
From:      Rob Zietlow <zietlow@securepipe.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Paul Murphy <pnmurphy@cogeco.ca>
Subject:   Re: psmintr: out of sync error messages

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 04:35 pm, you wrote:

<snip>

>  I seem to recall a message that said switching to a console and then
> switching back to X helps "resync" the mouse.

Check

>  I have had this happen when I have the wrong Option "Protocol" and/or
> Option "Device" in XF86Config

I get this in the console...not X.  Mouse, when plugged into either PS2 o=
r USB=20
does not want to work, no matter what protocol or port is used.  PS2 port=
=20
doesn't work at all. Plugging the mouse into USB basically causes it to f=
lip=20
out highlights/pastes lots of the screen then flies up into the upper=20
corners.

<snip>

> > Now my questions.
> > 1) What is cause of the error messages
> > 2) How, if at all can we fix this? I would like to keep my mobo, don'=
> > totally feel like going out to buy a new one, especially if I could g=
et
> > my mouse to work via USB.
> >
> > Hardware

FIgured that