Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:34:45 -0400
From:      Benjamin George <BenG@thekeyboard.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Old CD-ROM won't work

I bought an old 486DX2 to setup for a low traffic server...  When I got
it (from a friend), it had dos and win 3.1 installed, and the CD-ROM
drive worked fine.  I installed freebsd 2.2.7-Release from a CD-ROM, and
everything went just fine.  After the installation (since DOS and Win
3.1 is gone, I formated the drive), I can't get the CD-ROM drive to
work.  it's an old 2X drive.  the only thin I can think of that would
make a difference is that DOS was there the first time, but I don't know
why that would make any difference because I booted from a floppy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

--
My Waterskiing Pages (Barefoot & Wakeboarding):
    http://waterski.pharamond.com