Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:13:47 +0200
From:      "Peter Blok" <Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   patch for if_wi.c

Hi,

I have bought two SMC wireless cards. One SMC2632 in my laptop, the other a
SMC2602 (PCI to SMC2632) in my FreeBSD server. I am running FreeBSD-STABLE
as of july 1. Initially it didn't work because the PCI to PCMCIA bridge
picked an interrupt that was already in use. Since I couldn't force the
SMC2602 or BIOS to use another interrupt, I started to wonder if it was
really necessary to have a non-shared interrupt.

I have patched the code to allow shared interrupts and everything works
fine. The other devices on the same interrupt are working too. Can somebody
please look at the patch and apply it if ok. I don't know if it going to
break the code when you use the PCMCIA card in a FreeBSD ISA to PCMCIA
bridge.

*** if_wi.c.orig	Sun Jul 15 12:06:12 2001
--- if_wi.c	Sun Jul 15 11:57:02 2001
***************
*** 1906,1912 ****

  	sc->irq_rid = 0;
  	sc->irq = bus_alloc_resource(dev, SYS_RES_IRQ, &sc->irq_rid,
! 				     0, ~0, 1, RF_ACTIVE);
  	if (!sc->irq) {
  		wi_free(dev);
  		device_printf(dev, "No irq?!\n");
--- 1906,1912 ----

  	sc->irq_rid = 0;
  	sc->irq = bus_alloc_resource(dev, SYS_RES_IRQ, &sc->irq_rid,
! 				     0, ~0, 1, RF_SHAREABLE|RF_ACTIVE);
  	if (!sc->irq) {
  		wi_free(dev);
  		device_printf(dev, "No irq?!\n");

Thx,