Date:      Fri, 02 Nov 2001 16:49:33 -0700
From:      Glenn Trewitt <glenn@trewitt.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make installworld failure perl/SDBM wants to modify /usr/obj

I just tried this, but my installworld died for a different reason.  I've got
/usr/src and /usr/obj NFS-mounted read-only.  When it got to perl, it wanted to
delete something...

===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/library/SDBM_File
cd sdbm && make all
rm -rf libsdbm.a
rm: libsdbm.a: Read-only file system
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/library/SDBM_File/ext/SDBM_File/sdbm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/library/SDBM_File/ext/SDBM_File.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/library/SDBM_File.
*** Error code 1

etc...

Any clues on this?  installworld used to work just fine in this situation.

    - Glenn Trewitt