Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:37:34 +0100
From:      Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   aperture driver for FreeBSD-alpha

Hi,

I am working on a port of the XFree86/OpenBSD aperture driver to
FreeBSD, as detailed in my recent post to -security.
I have made as much as possible of the code MI, and have tested the new
code in i386.
I have also added alpha support, but I unfortunately do not have the
hardware to test my changes. So, I do not even know whether it compiles,
let alone whether it works as desired ;-)
I would be very thankful if somebody could test my patch, so that
I can proceed and try to get it in.
If you try, please keep a working kernel around to avoid trouble...

The patch for -CURRENT is available at
http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0015675/aperture2.diff, and the release notes are
at http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0015675/README.aperture

Related, is there any way to cross-compile a kernel for alpha on i386
for testing purposes?

TIA,
	- thomas