Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:59:44 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, "Supat Anekbanluekul" <supat_a@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dialin

On Monday 01 July 2002 08:27 am, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
> In your ppp.conf   do this
>
> set timeout 0			 # no idle time out, will not disconnect

33.6 is the best you can get from two off the shelf v90 modems. 56K (which is
actually limited to 51K) requires special equipment and phone lines on the
upstream side.  56K modems are all limited to 33.6 send.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510