Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2018 12:43:42 -0400
From:      Charlie Li <ml@vishwin.info>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/ld: error: undefined symbol: main [r337834 -> r337903]

--fcGsCu4DkwAkmEI7QogYEnmPyGF6VKy94
From: Charlie Li <ml@vishwin.info>
To: current@freebsd.org

--ZPGA2ptRTpY1LBudAyG9UN72WNEo6AvM5

On 16/08/2018 12:26, Brad Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, at 10:13 AM, Xin LI wrote:
>> This was caused by r337852, but I didn't investigated further.
>>
>> The problem is that we have a source file called 'moduli.c' in
>> crypto/openssh/ while the build target was moduli, and bmake seen
>> 'moduli' in source tree as older than moduli.c, and decided to rebuild=

>> it from source, while the two files are unrelated.
>=20
> Hi Xin,
>=20
> I don't see how that could be the case as I didn't move the file around=
, I just moved how it gets installed.
>=20
> I have done many many builds with this change in and haven't seen this =
problem..
>=20
I've found this one intermittent at best. I'll run a buildworld on
anything newer than r337852, get the linker error, update to even the
next newer revision that changes completely unrelated files, build
succeeds. Case in point, r337835 to r337863 failed, but r337863 to
r337865 succeeded.

This is all with META_MODE, so could be a bug with that.

--=20
Charlie Li
Can't think of a witty .sigline today=E2=80=A6

(This email address is for mailing list use only; replace local-part
with vishwin for off-list communication)