Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:33:31 -0400
From:      Dan Plassche <dplassche@gmail.com>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 1.x Binaries Work Except under Chroot

Konstantin,

My apologies for any confusion.  Your patch solved the problem on
8.2.  Static and dynamic a.out binaries from 1.1.5.1 are working
normally in a chroot environment now.

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Konstantin Belousov
<kostikbel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why did you stripped the public list from the Cc: ?

I must have clicked on reply instead of reply all by accident.  I
sent a copy to the list about 10 minutes after replying to you,
when I realized the mistake.

> You should have mentioned that it is only _some_ binaries which are
> affected, since I was not able to reproduce your issue at all with
> /bin/sh or /bin/ls in chroot. It took me a while to realize that you
> specifically shown the trace for basename.

Sorry, I was focusing on the loader problem and left out the root
binaries because they were traditionally static.

Thanks for your help,

Dan