Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 17:10:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@computerstopusa.com>
Cc:        "Michael A. Dorin" <mad@theoden.adc.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mix EDO and Non EDO memory?

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Shawn Ramsey wrote:

> > Can I mix EDO and Non-EDO memory in seprate banks and
> > still get the benifit of the EDO memory?
>
> Well, with 60 & 70NS in different banks, all RAM runs at the slowest
> memory you have. I would guess that its the same for EDO/NON-EDO as well.

I've seen it go both ways, both performance and reliability.  A friend
with a P133 that kept crashing during a Linux install would work fine if
he ran with either the 16MB of EDO or the 16MB of FP DRAM, but wouldn't
even make it past the first install screen with both.  My machine at home
has had very odd mixes of memory, and has never complained about any of
it.