Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:36:03 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine-fbsd64 updated to 1.4.rc6 (32bit Wine for 64bit FreeBSD)

--nextPart4011500.RFX7AXYauz

<naylor.b.david@gmail.com>wrote:
> > On Monday, 5 March 2012 14:17:51 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> > > On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM, David Naylor
> >=20
> >=20
> > running
> >=20
> > >=20
> > > # pwd
> > > /root/APPLY/PROGRAMS
> > >=20
> > > # wine x.exe
> > >=20
> > > err : module : LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
> > > L"F:\\APPLY\\PROGRAMS\\x.exe" failed , status c0000017
> >=20
> > I have tried to reproduce the error on my side but was unable to.  The
> > programs that I tested work without error.
>=20
> This means that there are additional parts in your system which they do n=
ot
> exist here .
> Such parts are not added by "pkg_add wine-fbsd64 ..." .
> I do not have any idea about which parts may be missing .

It could also mean there are extra components on your computer that are=20
interfering however using a clean wine prefix (as mentioned below) has rule=
d=20
that out. =20

> > I was expecting more output from wine...  Please see below about using a
> > clean
> > wine prefix.  Do you use the nvidia graphics driver?  If so please run
> > (as root), and provide the output:
> > # sh /usr/local/share/wine/patch-nvidia.sh
>=20
> There is NO nvidia grphics driver . It is Intel DG965WH main board with i=
ts
> integrated graphics driver .

That eliminates my only other idea. =20

> > If nothing fixes your problem then please submit a bug report at
> > bugs.winehq.org.
> >=20
> > > I could not understand the phrase :
> > >=20
> > > "in a clean wine prefix" .
> >=20
> > To run a program in a clean wine prefix do:
> > env WINEPREFIX=3D/tmp/tmp_wine_prefix wine x.exe
>=20
> This is NOT changing the error message . Only drive become Z: .

As mentioned above, eliminates possible extra components causing interferen=
ce. =20

> > You may need to use winetricks to install some support programs.
> >=20
> > Good luck
>=20
> "winetricks" could NOT be found .

Please see http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks for details about winetricks. =
=20

> I tried wine which is added by
>=20
> pkg_add -r wine
>=20
> from packages
>=20
> in FreeBSD 9.0 RELEASE i386 as it is installed .
>=20
> On the same programs , the message is the same with amd64 message .

To clarify: you tried running the program under an i386 installation of=20
=46reeBSD and wine gave you the same problem? =20

Also, has a previous version of wine ever worked for your program?  Could y=
ou=20
try installing an older version of wine (the mediafire page contains wine=20
releases going back to 1.3.16). =20

Regards