Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 03:13:34 -0600
From:      philw@webmaster.com (Phillip White)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ps: bad namelist FIXED

Well what the heck?!  Somehow the /dev/ members corrupt themselves and is the reason why the `ps' command was broken =P

All I did was go into /dev and `./MAKEDEV all' and ps now works!

But what causes this?  I didn't add new devices nor did I remove any.  In fact - nothing on the system changed - just suddenly blew up.

There is still the problem of /var/run/utmp and /var/logs/wtmp becoming corrupt on a reboot however.  For that I just `>/var/run/utmp' and `>/var/logs/wmtp'

I hope this helps some people - spidey, nebula? =)

Phillip