Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:17:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Mr. Darren" <darren780@yahoo.com>
To:        jhb@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   makeworld errors all month

#         for prog in [ awk cap_mkdb cat chflags chmod
chown \
>             date echo egrep find grep install-info \
>             ln make mkdir mtree mv pwd_mkdb rm sed
sh sysctl \
>             test true uname wc zic; do \
> echo "$prog ->" `which $prog`; done
[ ->
awk -> /usr/bin/awk
cap_mkdb -> /usr/bin/cap_mkdb
cat -> /bin/cat
chflags -> /bin/chflags
chmod -> /bin/chmod
chown -> /usr/sbin/chown
date -> /bin/date
echo -> /bin/echo
egrep -> /usr/bin/egrep
find -> /usr/bin/find
grep -> /usr/bin/grep
install-info -> /usr/bin/install-info
ln -> /bin/ln
make -> /usr/bin/make
mkdir -> /bin/mkdir
mtree -> /usr/sbin/mtree
mv -> /bin/mv
pwd_mkdb -> /usr/sbin/pwd_mkdb
rm -> /bin/rm
sed -> /usr/bin/sed
sh -> /bin/sh
sysctl -> /sbin/sysctl
test -> /bin/test
true -> /usr/bin/true
uname -> /usr/bin/uname
wc -> /usr/bin/wc
zic -> /usr/sbin/zic
#

On Monday 13 March 2006 08:07, Mr. Darren wrote:
> using cvsup of tag=RELENG_6 I havn't been able to
> compile my system with the following error for the
> last month.  I've been running the update regularely
> hoping it will be fixed, but I am assuming the
problem
> is something on my end.
> FreeBSD chatcanada.net 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
> 6.1-PRERELEASE #102: Tue Mar  7 21:47:14 MST 2006

> root at chatcanada.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DARREN
i386

> anyways I get the following error
> %cd /usr/src
> %make installworld
> mkdir -p /tmp/install.dI03Ux5c
> for prog in [ awk cap_mkdb cat chflags chmod chown
> date echo egrep find grep install-info  ln make
mkdir
> mtree mv pwd_mkdb rm sed sh sysctl  test true uname
wc
> zic; do  cp `which $prog` /tmp/install.dI03Ux5c;
done
> usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i | -n] [-pv]
> source_file target_file
>        cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i | -n] [-pv]
> source_file ... target_directory
> *** Error code 64
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> %

My guess is that your system is missing one of these
utilities.
Once you know which one, you can just use make install
to install
it by hand and then try an installworld.  Can you run
this at a
sh prompt and reply with the output?

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><