Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:22:14 -0800
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hummingboard SATA

Hello again,

I have started looking at SATA support in FreeBSD by first reading the man
pages and then examining the code. The Joseph Kong book is helping
considerably to understand the structures.

I see that there are three drivers in play: ahci, ada and ata. Man
indicates that ahci takes precedence in driver selection. *Is that the
driver for Arm and the Hummingboard?*

What I can't seem to find is any direction on getting a debugger hooked up
to driver code. Do I use gdb somehow, or do I use the kernel debugger? I'm
going back over the Developers handbook again.

I also don't understand how to boot with the -d option. When is this
entered? I have used the sysctl to enter the debugger and poked around
but it doesn't mean much yet.

sysctl debug.kdb.enter=1

Thanks,

Russ