Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:31:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NO MORE '-BETA'

On 16-Mar-01 Chris Faulhaber wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:59:36PM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:

>> > A lot of people "should" be doing a lot of things.  Maybe these users
>> > partially follow the -stable mailing list, but happen to ignore any
>> > message with '-beta' in the subject because "they know" they are
>> > running the -stable branch.  As I say, it is only a few people each
>> > release, and it never takes more than a few minutes to calm them down,
>> > but it DOES happen every release cycle.
>>
>> Is this in the FAQ yet?  If we documented our release engineering process
>> and
>> put it on the website, that would eliminate most of this confusion. :)  I've
>> somewhat attempted to do this but can't seem to get the release engineer to
>> look at it. :-P
>>

> http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/admin.html#RELEASE-CANDIDATE

Woo, cool.  Then it seems people aren't using the resources normally available
to them either in the form of mailing lists or the FAQ.  I'm not sure we need
to sacrafice our release engineering process for the sake of people doing cvsup
upgrades that can't be bothered to either read the mailing lists or look in the
FAQ. :(