Date:      Wed, 16 May 2012 11:59:09 +0200
From:      Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com>
To:        Andrew Thompson <thompsa@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org Current" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sockstat & jid patch

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 03:12:50PM +1200, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Here is a quick patch to limit the sockstat output to a specific jail
> id, this is useful to verify which sockets a jail has open. A jid of 0
> will show the host system.
>
> This will result in an extra syscall per socket when -j is set but I
> do not think warrants a process cache.
>
> Any objections?

I think you should extend struct xsocket with jid. Unfortunately this
breaks ABI so MFC is not possible.

That being said, IMHO this patch can be committed to -STABLE if this
feature is that important, but -CURRENT should get implementation
mentioned earlier.

I can try to write a patch in a couple of days (or this evening if I
find the time).

--
Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik gmail.com>