Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:07:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeffrey Wheat <jeff@tad.cetlink.net>
To:        black@MR.Net (Ben Black)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions for FreeBSD

> > > Frontpage opens a great big hol in security.  I wont touch it.
> >
> > Frontpage opens a big security hole if you do not follow the installation
> > notes to the letter.
> >
> Actually, it does that no matter what.  Read those directions carefully, then
> rm the whole mess.

If you could please elaborate on the security issues relating to the extensions
I would be very interested in knowing more. Please reply directly to me if this
is something that should not be posted publicly. For instance, if you can show
me how to exploit these holes... My company has a relationship with the MS
developers. I would be able to see how to solve these issues. Many thanks!

Regards,
Jeff