Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:18:17 -0600
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@denver.net>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: die thread die!

Thus wrote Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> on Jul 30:

> > 	I know.  I mean Nate and Jordan has been in this thing for atleast
> > twice as long as I have.  I'm only 23 years old now.
>
> When I turned 23, I had been minix hacking for 2-3 years.  How old do
> you think Chris Demetriou (of NetBSD fame) is?  You've got lots of
> excuses, but no answers.

We've all agreed that the security hole in FreeBSD thread wasn't really
a hole in FreeBSD as much as limitations imposed by knowledge and
resources and the thread should have died long ago.  However, personal
attacks have even less merit on the security list (or any public list).

--
John-David Childs (JC612)       Enterprise Internet Solutions
System Administrator            @denver.net/Internet-Coach/@ronan.net