Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:39:00 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86 -xf86config fails on HP Omnibook XE2

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT

Hello,
I'm trying to configure X on an HP OmniBook (laptop) XE2 (P2 366Mhz, 128 MB ram & 6.4 Gb HDD).

I've portupgraded all X ports to the latest, but when I run:
XFree86 -xf86config XF86Config.new

I get a core dump (attached).

I'm hoping that someone would be able to either share experiences with this, or at least assist me in getting X to work on this laptop.

Here's the relevamt specs:

Graphics: 13.3 inch XGA active-matrix )TFT) 1024x768x64 colors)
SMI LynxE SM811 graphics controller - 2MB 135 MHz SGRAM
Dual monitor support

Thanks for the time.

Regards,

Stacey