Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 02:29:31 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Monitor shadows?

On Mon, Jun 30, 1997 at 12:27:29AM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Mark Mayo wrote:
>
> > Since you also have the MX17FG, do you happen to know how hard it can be driven?
> > It seems like I'm the only person in the universe (aside from you) that actually
> > has one of these things. None of the driver info files I've seen that specify
> > refresh rates (in AccelX, NT, or 95) have info specific to the MX17FG - only
> > the "MX17", and the "MXP17F". I lost the manual that came with the thing...
> > I'm assuming the "MX17FG" that I have is somewhere in the middle, since the
> > MXP17F is defined as having a max vert. refresh of 75Hz for just about every
> > frequency. My definitions for the MX17 say it can do 76Hz at 1152x864, but only
> > 70Hz at 1024x768. I know my MX17FG can do 76Hz at 1024x768, but 75Hz is the
> > max at 1152x864. It's sort of weird, since if I tell it to do 75Hz, it's fine
> > but and the LCD says it's running at "75.5Hz", but if I try 76Hz I get an
> > out of range message (at 1152x864). Anyways, if you have some info on this
> > I'd appreciate it.
>
> You're not the only one with one ... and I think I have the manual.  I'll
> start hunting for the manual (I've just moved, and everything has been
> thoroughly randomized) and you send me a mailing address, ok?

Oh, don't bother sending it to me. I've sort of figured out what the limits are
through testing... I'll bug the MAG support people if I really need to know.
Thanks for the generous offer though! :-)

If you do find the manual, just look up the max refresh rate for 1024 and
1152 - that's all I need.

Thanks,
-Mark

> ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
> Chuck Robey                 | Interests include any kind of voice or data
> chuckr@eng.umd.edu          | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
> 213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
> Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic, both FreeBSD
> (301) 220-2114              | version 3.0 current -- and great FUN!

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark

	 finger mark@quickweb.com for my PGP key and GCS code
	University degrees are a bit like adultery: you may not want to
	get involved with that sort of thing, but you don't want to be
	thought incapable.	-Sir Peter Imbert