Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:00:11 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Beech Rintoul <freebsd@alaskaparadise.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win32-codecs

--==_Exmh_1162414811_79858P

> From: Beech Rintoul <freebsd@alaskaparadise.com>
> Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:46:02 -0900
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org
>
> I want to override the forbidden on the win32-codecs port. I removed the
> forbidden line from the makefile, but it still comes up forbidden. How do I
> override this. The vulnerability isn't a problem on the machine I'm updating.

The latest version of the port has not been forbidden for a
while. Update you ports and audit files (the latter should be
automatically updated) and build it with the default options (no
QuickTime) and it should be fine.

If you need to over-ride the issue, you may find the details in mail on
this list or stable from a week or two ago.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)

--==_Exmh_1162414811_79858P