Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:55:03 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        pgrunwald@comcast.net
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tape on Dell 2450, changes with no luck

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 07:19:11PM +0000, pgrunwald@comcast.net wrote:
> I got another scsi cable and moved the tape drive to channel 1 on the PERC controller.  Again it is being seen by BIOS.
>
> I also updated the firmware on the drive to 825B (used barts utimate windows boot disk and a USB drive...).
>
> I'm still not seeing the drive under  5.3 GENERIC.
>
> What else can I try to diagnose the problem?

Read at least the documentation!

> Can someone who has this working tell me what their switch and jumper settings are set to?

Currently you are only seeing the raid container.
You have no access to any of the drives itself so far.

In aac(4) manpage:
     Access to RAID containers is available via the /dev/aacd? device nodes.
     The aacp device enables the SCSI pass-thru interface and allows devices
     connected to the card such as cdroms to be available via the CAM scsi(4)
     subsystem.  Note that not all cards allow this interface to be enabled.

bernd@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de