Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 15:34:49 -0500
From:      Ken Murchison <ken@oceana.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   user-level (pass-thru) scsi programming

Hello,

I'm trying to port one of my apps which controls Kodak digital cameras
via SCSI.  This app currently works on platforms ranging from
IRIX-Solaris-Linux using their respective user-level SCSI facilities.

I've read the scsi(3) man page and found the appropriate functions, but
I'm having a hard time figuring out which devices to use.  It looks like
I'm supposed to be able to use the su(4) devices, but I don't have any
configured on my system.  I have even recompiled my kernel with

pseudo-device su
pseudo-device ssc

but still no devices.  I've looked at uk(4), but I'm not sure it's what
I want.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the newbie type question on a technical mailing list, but I
couldn't find any answer in the mailing list archives :-(

Regards,
Ken
--
Kenneth Murchison          Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer          21 Princeton Place