Date:      Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:45:41 +0200
From:      martin hudec <corwin@aeternal.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsdb -Uu error

--/NkBOFFp2J2Af1nK

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 05:37:57PM -0600 or thereabouts, Danny MacMillan wr=
ote:
> I have a contradictory opinion.  I think defining the options in
> /etc/make.conf is ideal, since it is the only place that the options are
> guaranteed to be used no matter how you decide to build ports.  Whether
> you use portupgrade, portmanager, or just cd into the port directory and
> make install, options defined in make.conf will be used.  If you do have
> options that apply only to particular ports you can partition them using
> the method described in the portmanager man page, to wit:
>=20
> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin}
> WITH_SPF_QUERY=3D1
> WITH_MYSQL=3D1
> WITH_TOOLS=3D1
> USE_SQLDB=3D1
> .endif
>=20
> This allows you to use different make optins depending for each port if
> you wish.

  Never heard bout this one in make.conf :) nice to know that :).
  Thanks!

  	Cheers,

--=20
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin@aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible=20
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

--/NkBOFFp2J2Af1nK

--/NkBOFFp2J2Af1nK--