Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:07:45 +0200
From:      "Pascal Giannakakis" <capm@gmx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem with "shutdown -p now"

Hello,

i have a problem with shutting down my freebsd machine. I want it to turn
power off on "shutdown -p now", but it will only halt and tell me to press
any key to reboot. Any idea what could be wrong? ACPI is enabled in BIOS.
The board is MSI MS-6368.

dmesg | grep ACPI tells me:

chip1: <VIA 82C686 ACPI interface> at device 7.4 on pci0

uname -a says:

FreeBSD slash 4.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE #6: Tue Jan 15 23:09:15 CET
2002
   CapM@slash:/usr/src/sys/compile/CUSTOM  i386

Any hints appreciated, as i have absolutley no idea where to search for the
problem. TIA!