Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 19:10:29 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, grog@lemis.de, cosmos@misery.bssc.org, hackers@freebsd.org, jack@cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: HELP!!! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY (fwd)

Poul-Henning Kamp stands accused of saying:
>> Sorry; I'd still hold to the assertion that you don't consider IDE worth
>> your spit, but that you spent the time because you consider FreeBSD is.
>
> Well, only one of my FreeBSD machines are SCSI, so I think you need to
> reconsider...

Didn't say you wouldn't use it 8)  Fair enough though; IDE has its place.

> I'm not talking about an IDE free zone, but about a "We support the following
> vanilla config, anything else is on your own risk".

Nobody will read it.  At least, unless we print it in BIG LETTERS on the
cover, and even then they won't believe it.  I'm whining aren't I?

> > This in particular is the "idea" that's most important in this context;
> > it would be nice even just to have an enumerated list of the other
> > products of this type that in use.
>
> Well, do you have any idea how much >I< would like that list ???

Well, let's ask, shall we?

Oi!  Anyone out there with a non-LBA PC with an IDE disk bigger than 500M,
using something other than Disk Manager, speak up!  We need info from you
about it!

> Poul-Henning Kamp           | phk@FreeBSD.ORG       FreeBSD Core-team.

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[