Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 16:30:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <ANDRSN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2.1 Problem

The OS2 boot manager is now running again....the second SCSI drive has
two primary partitions, one unformatted and one on which FreeBSD resides;
the first identified as the D drive, but FreeBSD has no letter assigned
to it.  It still boots, so I guess it doesn't matter.

However, FreeBSD freezes up--a surprise to me, as 2.0.5 (on my office
machine) never does this.  2.1 is freezing up on exit (e.g., if I
do shutdown -r now, the discs sync, but nothing else happens) and
on some commands, e.g. if I ask for lsdev.  I have to turn the machine
off--Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions about what might be wrong would be appreciated.

Annelise