Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 1995 01:03:48 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        me@freebsd.org
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: utils/ explosion

(Sorry, replying mails out of order....)

 * >In message <199507011118.EAA04313@silvia.HIP.Berkeley.EDU> you write:
 * >>emulators:
 * >>
 * >>  cpm, cpmemu (already there), hfs, mtools, pcemu, vmsbackup, wine
 *
 * >Someone brought this up already, but mtools and vmsbackup aren't
 * >exactly emulators.  They are data transfer tools.

Well, they sort of emulate the floppy (or tape) drivers of those
respective OS's. :)

What I wanted is a category for "support of other OS's" stuff.  And
"emulators" was the closest name we got.

 * Now that's a name - I was trying to come up with something but couldn't :-)
 *
 * What about making a dir data-transfer and put cpm, hfs, mtools and vmsbackup
 * there and award bill with the name-of-the-day?

Umm, I'm not sure about this.  IMO, data-transfer will have to include
kermit, rzsz and stuff too.

Satoshi