Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:49:40 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        OxY <oxy@field.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: root partition on geli+gmirror

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 11:04:22PM +0100, OxY wrote:
+> hi!
+>=20
+> now, i'm in the last phase, the encrypted system is bootable, everything
+> is set, need to go!
+> booting fs is (/dev/mirror/plex0s1a)
+> but i can't boot... the system asks for password for the encrypted file =
system (/dev/mirror/plex0s2.elia) before mounting the root fs..
+> after it's done booting sequence prints the usual geli attach msg, then =
goes on..
+> and then..it hangs, mountroot:> line, need to type in the valid path for=
 the root fs
+> however i did it before to the fstab..
+> /dev/mirror/plex0s2.elib             none            swap    sw 0       0
+> /dev/mirror/plex0s2.elia             /               ufs     rw 1       1
+>=20
+> after i type in the:  ufs:mirror/plex0s2.elia  path then boot goes on, e=
verythings fine,
+> system boots up!
+> did i do anything wrong, or theres something mess around geli+gmirror co=
mbo..
+> before the mirroring i tested geli alone, and it booted up well, without=
 any problem..
+> may i attach any log, output, etc?

Can you try to add /etc/fstab file to the device from which you are
booting (where you have /boot/ directory)?

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl--