Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 02:59:50 -0600
From:      Christopher Taylor <chris@thedial.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CMD 5440 Problems

Karl Denninger wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 09:37:26AM -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> > Christopher Taylor wrote...
> > > I installed a CMD 5440 with an Adaptec 2940 on FreeBSD 3.2 about four
> > > days ago. I followed the instructions on
> >
> > You weren't by any chance fscking the filesystem while it was still
> > mounted, were you?  I noticed your other message in this list...
>
> That'll do it. :-)

It sounds like the fsck'ing while the filesystem was mounted was the entire
problem. I did an fsck while it was unmounted to clean up any file system
problems and then proceeded to hammer the hell out of my RAID. Did another fsck
while the RAID was unmounted and it is clean as a whistle.

Thanks for your help..

--Chris