Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:12:55 -0700
From:      dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: creating an fdisk partition in an automated way

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 08:58:12PM -0700, Doug White wrote:
[...]
> fdisk -I is your friend. (DANGER: THIS IS DESTRUCTIVE -- READ THE MAN
> PAGE FIRST!)

Yeah ... I use it.  It seems to do the right thing.  Then disklabel doesn't
work. :<

I'm looking like this:

#!/bin/sh

disk='da0'

fdisk -I ${disk}

disk=${disk}s1

disklabel -r -w $disk auto

Disklabel pukes.  I've found a similar case at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22cannot+find+label%22+%22no+disk+label%22+fdisk&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rnum=1&seld=972266336&ic=1

I emailed Matt Dillon to see if he solved the problem.  You have no idea, eh?
Or do you do something slightly different?  These commands work great if I run
sysinstall over to DTRT at first, but on a virgin bare disk, ... nada. :<

Thanks,
-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/