Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2006 05:41:49 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject:   Re: Porting ZFS file system to FreeBSD.

--6e7ZaeXHKrTJCxdu

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:49:11AM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 12:45:16PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> > Hi.
> >=20
> > I started porting the ZFS file system to the FreeBSD operating system.
> [...]
>=20
> Just a quick note about progress in my work. I needed slow down a bit,
> but:

Here is another update:

After way too much time spend on fighting the buffer cache I finally
made mmap(2)ed reads/writes to work and (which is also very important)
keep regular reads/writes working.

Now I'm able to build FreeBSD's kernel and userland with both sources
and objects placed on ZFS file system.

I also tried to crash it with fsx, fsstress and postmark, but no luck,
it works stable.

On the other hand I'm quite sure there are many problems in ZPL still,
but fixing mmap(2) allows me to move forward.

As a said note - ZVOL seems to be full functional.

I need to find a way to test ZIL, so if you guys at SUN have some ZIL
tests like uncleanly stopped file system, which at mount time will
exercise entire ZIL functionality where we can verify that my FS was
fixed properly that would be great.

PS. There is still a lot to do, so please, don't ask me for patches yet.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--6e7ZaeXHKrTJCxdu

--6e7ZaeXHKrTJCxdu--