Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 22:56:14 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org

Hi-

Well, my Quantum Empire 1400S finally decided to stop spinning up...I've
noticed that it seems to take several hits of the reset button before it would
spin up and after turning it off yesterday, it just won't spin up. Now, when I
turn it on, I hear three little rumbles while it tries to spin. Any idea if
there is a reasonable remedy? Should I just smack it around a bit? Other
suggestions? (no, I don't have that much experience trouble shooting hardware
problems...:-)). Maybe I should give Quantum a call first...

Thanx,
Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org