Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:10:22 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Adam Strohl <adams-freebsd@ateamsystems.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable ML <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Time Clock Stops in FreeBSD 9.0 guest running under ESXi 5.0

On 10. Mar 2012, at 08:07 , Adam Strohl wrote:

> I've now seen this on two different VMs on two different ESXi servers =
(Xeon based hosts but different hardware otherwise and at different =
facilities):
>=20
> Everything runs fine for weeks then (seemingly) suddenly/randomly the =
clock STOPS.

Apart from the ntp vs. openvm-tools thing, do you have an idea what "for =
weeks"  means in more detail?  Can you check based on last/daily =
mails/.. how many days it was since last reboot to a) see if it's close =
to a integer wrap-around or b) to give anyone who wants to reproduce =
this maybe a clue on how long they'll have to wait?  For that matter, is =
it a stock 9.0 or your own kernel?  What other modules are loaded?

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!