Date:      Thu, 10 May 2012 18:11:28 +0400
From:      Sergey Kandaurov <pluknet@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: r235163: root: /etc/rc.d/sysctl: WARNING: sysctl vfs.nfs.access_cache_timeout does not exist.

On 10 May 2012 14:30, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> On ia64 r235163:
>
> root: /etc/rc.d/sysctl: WARNING: sysctl vfs.nfs.access_cache_timeout does not exist.
>
> What is this about?
> After updating to this revision,
> I run mergemaster, as usual,
> with the setting to auto update
> all /etc files which I didn't touch.

I'd check your kernel config for 'options NFSCLIENT', so there is
sysctl vfs.oldnfs.access_cache_timeout instead, and you try to set
non-existing vfs.nfs.access_cache_timeout from /etc/sysctl.conf.
If it is so then all your sysctl vfs.nfs.xxx are named as vfs.oldnfs.xxx,
because the NFS implementation enabled with 'options NFSCLIENT'
considered old, and the NFS impl. enabled with 'options NFSCL' is the default.
My inner voice tells me that you have upgraded from quite old CURRENT
from the point when 'options NFSCLIENT' (old nfs) was default to the point
when 'options NFSCL' (new nfs implementation) became the default,
and you still have 'options NFSCLIENT' in your kernel config.
See /usr/src/UPDATING entry dated 20110427.

--
wbr,
pluknet